Lititz Craft Beer Fest will be hosting its third annual homebrew competition with entries due August 2nd here at the store. Top Ten finalists will serve their beer at the Beer Fest and the winner will be chosen by popular vote
Be sure to participate for your chance to win a $500 gift card to Lancaster Homebrew and brew your beer at JoBoys Brew Pub!
Entries / General Information
– $5 per entry. Limit 3 entries per person
* Payment will be made upon drop-off. If paying by check, please make it payable to “Lititz Craft Beer Fest”
– Two (2) 12 oz. bottles or two (2) 22 oz. bombers or one (1) growler per entry for first-round judging.
* We’re not picky about how you provide the bottles – labels or no labels – it doesn’t matter to us. However, the Beer ID form will be required when submitting your entries. Click Here: BJCP_BottleID
– At least 5 gallons (bottled or kegged) is required for the Top 10 Finalists.
* Lancaster Homebrew is offering a 50% discount off of homebrew supplies for the top 10 finalists. Discount cards will be handed out to the finalists and can only be used on ingredients for the competition.
* If kegged, dispensing for the finals is available, however; you may bring your own dispensing equipment if preferred.
* If bottled, labels or no labels, give us what you’ve got as long as you provide enough for the People’s vote.
– No categories; this is a free-for-all.
* Time is limited, and therefore it is recommended that you brew all of your beer up front (2 beers or equivalent for first entry; 5 gallons for finals). If you’re not able to brew everything up front, we recommend that you brew a beer that is easily reproduced (i.e. beer that doesn’t take a long to ferment/age (sours, barrel aged, etc…)). If you’re brewing something that tastes better when it’s slightly aged (e.g. saisons, belgians, etc…), brew it all at once!
– Scorecard & ID Form
* ID Forms can be found on the LCBF website @http://www.lititzcraftbeerfest.com/homebre…/SCP_BottleID.pdf
* This is not a BJCP event. However, the judges will be using the same scoring system.
– Drop off point for Entries
* Lancaster Homebrew – See their website @www.lancasterhomebrew.com for address and further information
* Contact us at email@example.com if you’re unable to drop it off at this location and we’ll help you out.
-The first round of judging will take place the week of the submission deadline. After the submission deadline, the ten (10) best beers, as determined by the panel of judges, will be chosen. The top 10 finalists will be announced between August 5th-7th. (See below for other important dates)
Homebrew competitions are about pride, proving that your beer is the best; worthy of a nod from the professional craft brewing industry. We’re working with JoBoy’s Brewpub in Lititz to afford the first place winner the opportunity to brew their winning beer with their brew master and have it on draft in their brew pub. In addition, the winner will also receive a $500 gift card to Lancaster Homebrew! That’s not all – see below for more details and prizes for our 3rd Annual Homebrew Competition:
– Each top 10 finalist will receive two (2) free tickets to the 3rd Annual Lititz Craft Beer Fest. Each finalist will receive free entry to the beer fest and can distribute their complimentary tickets amongst friends and/or family!
– 1st Place Vote: Winning beer brewed at JoBoy’s Brew Pub PLUS a $500 Gift card to Lancaster Homebrew AND one (1) free PA State Inspection at May’s Service Center
– 2nd Place Vote: $250 Gift card to Lancaster Homebrew AND one (1) free PA State Inspection at May’s Service Center
– 3rd Place Vote: $50 Gift card to Lancaster Homebrew AND one (1) free PA State Inspection at May’s Service Center
– August 2nd – Deadline for entries
* Entries need to be submitted to Lancaster Homebrew by this date
– August 5th – 7th – Top 10 Announcement
– September 25th – Top 10 Competition at the Lititz Craft Beer Fest
* Top 10 entries will need to bring their beer to the festival. If you wish to submit your entry beforehand, please let us know and we’ll schedule a drop-off.
Disclaimer: No entry will be accepted from any person that the committee determines, in its sole discretion, is submitted by a person or entity that is a licensed brewer, is in the process of attempting to obtain a license, or is employed by or directly affiliated with any licensed brewer.